Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Long Time No Blog

Sometimes I forget that I have a blog. Oh well.

I'm now in my last semester at Biola. Soon I will no longer be a student--that's a strange feeling. I'm sure I will be really sad come graduation time (I still remember driving around my sister's college on her graduation day as she bawled her eyes out), but right now, I'm just ready to be done. I am enjoying my last semester though. I have the least amount of units I have ever taken (twelve), and I love most of my classes. I like all of them. (There is a difference.)

I'm still going to my internship once a week and getting published there. Last semester, I did a school project and wrote for the online blog Evangelical Outpost. This semester, I'm spending my spare time researching and applying to jobs. I decided that I want to stay in Los Angeles for a little while longer, so I'm mainly looking at jobs in the area. My roommate Elsa and I are planning on still living together. We both want to continue attending our church so we're looking for housing near there, since neither of us has a permanent job yet. I could definitely use prayer for guidance as I apartment search and job search.

Something I've been thinking about lately
I started that post back in March. I don't remember why I never finished it, but I discovered it today and didn't want to delete it. I don't remember what it was that I had been thinking about, but there it is.

It's now been almost one month since graduation. That's a weird thought. Where am I in my life now? Good question. The honest answer: I don't really know. My job as a student worker in the library turned into a temporary part-time job as a staff member. (I'm doing the same job; they just wanted me to work over the summer but could no longer hire me as a student worker since I just graduated.) I have this job until August 26. The day after graduation, I moved into a house in Anaheim where I can see the Disneyland fireworks every night from my bathroom window. Elsa will be living with me, but she hasn't moved in quite yet. The other girls in the house are all Biola alum now too, and so far it has been a very nice place to live. I'm still attending Grace EV Free and helping with the children's ministry, and I just joined a Grace group so I feel connected there.

But I still don't know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment